Xdinary Heroes ex-member Gunil denies JYP contract termination, seeks talks

Former Xdinary Heroes member Gunil on Thursday disputed JYP Entertainment’s claim that they mutually agreed to end his contract. Through his lawyer, Gunil said he did not choose to leave the band or agree to terminate his contract.

In a statement, attorney Sung Jae-hwan of Joowon Law Firm said Gunil hopes to resolve the issue through talks with JYP, while maintaining that there were no valid grounds for ending the contract.

“The artist did not depart of his own volition, nor did he agree to terminate his exclusive contract,” the statement, written in English, read. “We do not believe that valid grounds for termination exist in this case. Nevertheless, wishing to spare his fans any further distress, he intends to continue discussions with the agency in good faith.”

The controversy surrounding Gunil began after an individual claiming to have dated the artist posted allegations online accusing him of repeatedly making disparaging remarks about fans while expressing dissatisfaction with the group and his agency. The accusations prompted widespread criticism before JYP announced his departure from the band on Aug. 13.

Thursday’s statement marks the first public response from Gunil’s side since JYP Entertainment announced that the drummer would leave Xdinary Heroes and that his exclusive contract had been terminated by mutual agreement. At the time, JYP said it had held “thorough discussions” with Gunil following a recent controversy involving the artist and concluded that it would be difficult for him to continue team activities, adding that Xdinary Heroes would continue promotions as a five-member band.

Gunil’s attorney said the singer “extends his sincere apologies” to fans and his fellow members for the concern caused by the controversy, adding that he had personally apologized to the members.

The statement acknowledged that Gunil had used “inappropriate expressions” during a private conversation, describing the remarks as inexcusable while arguing they were made during a period of significant emotional distress caused by malicious online posts and repeated invasions of his privacy.

The lawyer also denied several allegations that surfaced online, including claims that Gunil had habitually insulted fans and spoken negatively about his fellow members.

  • Related Posts

    ENHYPEN’s “No Doubt” Becomes Their 4th MV To Hit 100 Million Views

    ENHYPEN has hit the 100 million mark with yet another music video on YouTube! On August 20 at approximately 7:05 p.m. KST, ENHYPEN’s music video for their hit 2024 track “No…

    Watch: Zico Joins Choo Sung Hoon And Kim Jong Kook As New Youngest Member Of Travel Variety Show

    Zico is joining “A Real Man’s Way to Travel” as its new youngest member! “A Real Man’s Way to Travel” is a raw, unscripted travel reality show that follows three…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    ENHYPEN’s “No Doubt” Becomes Their 4th MV To Hit 100 Million Views

    ENHYPEN’s “No Doubt” Becomes Their 4th MV To Hit 100 Million Views

    [Key Points] Trump’s ‘57 nukes’ claim raises questions over changes to N, Korea strategy

    [Key Points] Trump’s ‘57 nukes’ claim raises questions over changes to N, Korea strategy

    Industry minister says 'meaningful progress' achieved in talks with U.S.

    Industry minister says 'meaningful progress' achieved in talks with U.S.

    N. Korea fires barrage of short-range ballistic missiles despite Trump overture

    N. Korea fires barrage of short-range ballistic missiles despite Trump overture

    Seoul, Beijing agree to ‘close communication’ on Peninsula affairs: Cheong Wa Dae

    Seoul, Beijing agree to ‘close communication’ on Peninsula affairs: Cheong Wa Dae

    Watch: Zico Joins Choo Sung Hoon And Kim Jong Kook As New Youngest Member Of Travel Variety Show

    Watch: Zico Joins Choo Sung Hoon And Kim Jong Kook As New Youngest Member Of Travel Variety Show